Monday, September 29, 2008

Well rested!!

I am proud to say that Adelyn is sleeping MUCH better than she was. We had a few really bad nights last week and I didn't know if I was going to survive this. I was getting very frustrated and I had no clue what to do. Well Saturday night and last night we made the decision to put her to sleep on her stomach and wow - she slept! I will admit that I check on her a million times with her sleeping on her belly since that is how SIDS can happen but she's been good so far. She doesn't move around too much so that makes me feel a little better. I still don't know if I'm going to tell the doctor that I'm letting her do this but I'm actually getting sleep and I am a completely different person so I think that letting her do this is what is best for both of us.

I was thinking about calling my doc and getting on some happy pills but after getting two nights of good sleep, I don't think I need them. I've been careful to watch for signs of ppd and I was getting very close on Thursday and Friday but I think I'll be good. It's amazing what some sleep can do for fried emotions! I'm still going to watch out for it but I really hope I don't need to go on them again. I don't like the person the pills turn me into... not sad or mad but also not happy either. Yuck.

Other than our sleeping issues, things have been good in all areas. Friday was girls night and I had a great time hanging out with them and I also loved drinking a big margarita. Amazing! Saturday I had my Tastefully Simple party and then went to a toy party at Joe and Tracey's. It was fun to get to see so many friends in one day! Sunday we went out to breakfast, I took a GREAT nap, and then hung out at Aaron's parent's the rest of the day. I "helped" him clean out the work van. I got the awesome task of dividing all the tools into piles [wrenchs, hammers, screwdrivers, etc] and figuring out where they belonged and if he had duplicates and such. Kinda boring but still nice to be with his family.

This weekend will be my first night away from Adelyn over night. I was not nervous at all when it came to leaving her for a few hours but I am nervous about over night. I am very excited - don't get me wrong - but scared. Scared that I am going to miss her too much or that my mom is going to go crazy or that something bad will happen. I'm sure everything will be just fine... but I'll still worry until I get them back on Sunday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad putting her on her tummy helped out :) It was defiantly my saving grace!!!

I can't wait to hear about your first night away from both the kiddos and how your mom does!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mention anything to the dr, but I don't honestly believe that babies could die because of the way you put them to bed either! I remember when I had Hunter they told me to lay him on his back, then when I had Dylan, they told me to lay him on his side, when we were kids, our parents were told to put us on our bellys. You gotta do what works for you and the baby. I'm so glad you were able to get some well needed sleep, it makes a huge difference!

Anonymous said...

When we were babies our parents put us on our bellies and look how we turned out (just as messed up as the rest of them) haha I'm glad you found something that works and allows you to SLEEEEEEP! :)

I don't think I commented on the last blog about Jack and the big boy undies so YAAAHHHH FOR JACKSON!! :) He's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Yea, lunch sounds good...we may need to go to the park and pack a lunch though, I can't afford to go out anywhere anytime soon...