Thursday, November 5, 2009

Can I just say that - I am so ready for the holidays!

This is by far my most favorite part of the year and I'm glad it is almost here once again... crazy little thing sneaks up and surprises me every year! I'm already planning my attack on the Christmas shopping and the card sending and the dinner making. We're hosting a big Thanksgiving Day dinner with Aaron's parents and his brother, and my parents and my siblings. I am so excited to host our first Thanksgiving dinner and I'm so excited to have everyone together! I have way too much to be thankful for!

Brodie: My joy.
We had parent teacher conferences last night for the first time this school year. His teacher repeatedly told us that Brodie is such a JOY to have in class. Hearing that is just amazing. He has just GROWN so much in the last few weeks - I'm talking both in school and in his legs. I told him that we're going to turn his jeans into capris so that we don't have to keep buying him more jeans! Can we say floooooood pants??

He really is enjoying school this year. He's doing fantastic. His attitude is incredible. He brings a smile to my face every day [including right now as I'm typing this!]

He's such a boy...





Gooooo Raiders!!




Jackson: My laughter.
He has turned into the biggest crack up ever! Some moms just laugh because they're supposed to... with him, I laugh because he is seriously hilarious! There is NO denying him - he's definitely my kid!




Here is how I found him one night. I put him to bed in HIS bed and by the time I was ready for bed and walked into my room, he was on the floor. I didn't even HEAR him get out of bed or anything! I was about to pick him up and carry him back to his room when I thought - you know - there's going to come a day when I just want him to snuggle with me but it "won't be cool." I am not ready for him to grow up and by golly - if he wants to sleep on my floor until he's 18, it doesn't bother me one bit!



Adelyn: my princess!
And booooy does she play her part well. In Adie's castle, you hold her 90% of the time. She has every intention of telling you when she's not happy and when she's not getting her way. Getting things done around the house is VERY difficult but she is still fantastic. Adelyn has had a birthday since my last post and is now a whopping 1 year old! She had a great party and she had way too much fun with her cake!


She is so inquisitive and is talking up a storm these days! She says about 10 words now and I love hearing her talk.



She's also extremely independent. As much as she loves to be held and loves to be around people, she still wants to do a lot of things herself. She doesn't want anyone to touch her toys but her. She wants to help change her diaper. And she will always feed herself!



No matter how dirty she gets :) She definitely gets a bath every.night.

1 comment:

Rene said...

Love the post about the kiddos.